Decorating on a budget doesn’t have to be difficult. Simply sprucing up your home’s lighting is a great way to change the overall feel of a room. Just like trading out throw pillows, switching out your lighting fixtures is an easy way to enhance your interior design or to completely change the theme of a room. Using accent lamps is a great way to change things around while increasing the functionality of the room.
- Consider changing the lampshades out if you have existing lamps you love. Coordinating the lampshades to a favorite throw pillow or accent rug can give your room an extra pop of color that ties into the existing theme.
- Blend styles together. If you have traditional home decor, add some contemporary industrial accent lamps to the room. This can transform the entire theme of the room, giving it a more updated feel.
- If space is at a premium, add a swing arm wall mounted fixture. Not only are these easy to install, but they make great task lighting options without taking up space on an already crowded end table.
- Mix and match lamp heights. Accent lamps combined with taller table lamps will keep your decor from feeling overly planned. Symmetry can serve its purpose, but often looks contrived.
- If you already have lamps you love, but want to refresh your look, switch lamps around in each room. What looked tired in one room may give new life to another room.
At Lighting Inc., we have everything you need to dress up your home’s light fixtures. Contact us today or visit our San Antonio showroom.