The bathroom is one of the most important rooms in the house. It is like a transformation chamber we pass through before we leave our homes and enter the real world. We shave, we dress, we put our makeup on, and relax after long days with a nice bath or shower. We spend a great deal of time in our bathrooms, yet few of us think of how the lighting affects us. Here are just a few tips to keep in mind when installing bathroom lighting:
- Lighting is a key design component. Good bathroom lighting can make your bathroom feel spacious and airy if done right. On the flip side, poor bathroom lighting can make your space feel small and cramped.
- Not all bathrooms have access to natural light. Installing the right fixtures can make a night and day difference. Poor lighting conditions can strain the eyes, and can also make it difficult to judge the appearance of things in mirrors.
- Mirrors can be a useful design tool as well. Strategically placed mirrors can reflect and bounce bathroom lighting throughout the space. Have your lights and mirrors work in concert with one another to achieve an illuminating effect.
- Lighting should be adjusted to the right height and angle for the specific space that it’s in. Too-steep angles can cause shadows, and having lights too low on the walls may not allow the light to fill the space properly.
- Bathrooms tend to be spaces that endure humid conditions. Make sure than any light fixtures, especially those within showers, are sealed against moisture and vapors.
It’s important to make sure that your bathroom lighting is installed properly and also that it suits your unique spaces. Lighting Inc. can assist you with any questions you may have for all of your bathroom lighting needs. Come by our San Antonio Showroom today, or call us at (210) 503-1535 and let us help to illuminate your world.